Note

Healed Yet Wounded

How many of us have been healed? Yet walk wounded

As if theirs no other way to walk, even though God’s Grace

Has fully healed all of our Pain, Regrets washed with our Sin

For so long I’ve sat in the back row of because of Pain in my legs

Just wouldn’t take me any further down the auditorium isles

Just like some of us have stayed back in our shame

How many of us have been touched by the Hands of Jesus?

Yet walk away as if still walking wounded, as if never touched?

Come on now straighten back up, let be the burdens dropped

For so long I’ve stayed sitting in the back row because of pain

Kept me from standing during the time of worship and praising

Just like some of us have stayed down in our Regreted Past

How many of us have Proclaimed to be forgiven by the Cross?

Yet we’re still shouting crucify Him, as if never seen His Miracles

If we can’t see God’s Miracle, look in the mirror we’re The Miracle

What are we waiting for? Nothings left to hold us, to keep us back

We’ve been healed, we’ve been forgiven, washed by His Holy Grace

No more walking Wounded, be the Walking Hope for others to be Healed

Be the walking Miracle God needs us to be, let those we sat with

Know we don’t have to stay back where we’ve been wounded before

Let them look until they find us up Front praising as if touched by Jesus

Comments

• tonygtonyg Posts: 23Member
    edited February 27
    Doesn't matter where we sit in life physically or because of physical limitations, what matters is where we are seated "within" spiritually. Outward appearances can be very very deceiving n'est ce-pas? Consider this parable...
    One can be up front praising without actually being "upfront praising". Everyone had an "upfront" seat at the "Sermon on the mount" and everyone was fed equally, spiritually and physically. 

The Parable of the Two Sons 

Matthew 21:28-32

28 “What do you think? There was a man who had two sons. He went to the first and said, ‘Son, go and work today in the vineyard.’

29 “‘I will not,’ he answered, but later he changed his mind and went.

30 “Then the father went to the other son and said the same thing. He answered, ‘I will, sir,’ but he did not go.

31 “Which of the two did what his father wanted?”

“The first,” they answered.

Jesus said to them, “Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are entering the kingdom of God ahead of you. 32 For John came to you to show you the way of righteousness, and you did not believe him, but the tax collectors and the prostitutes did. And even after you saw this, you did not repent and believe him.

• Walker855Walker855 Posts: 41Member
    The poem is talking about our walk with the Lord and how we should be filled with joy and not if sucking on lemons 
    Get my book then you will know I was the one sitting in the back because of pain, then 2 Sunday’s ago dawned on me im healed and can go up further, it was then I felt God speaking to me, how many more of us have been still acting wounded even though been healed.

lemons is another metaphor for having a sour face

For 24 years I lived Undiagnosed of Lyme, lived 12 years type 2 diabetes. I share my stories in my new book of how I over came Lyme and how I Reversed Diabetes A Restored Life: My Journey To Healing https://www.amazon.com/dp/1985887762/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_OjBRAb7932DRC

These are the verses im adding to my poem Luke 17:11-19, 1st Peter2:24
    because the point is, we should be excited after being healed by Jesus Christ 
    and not be staying back to where Jesus in us can’t be seen
    Im not talking about religion, I write poetry about relationships with God
    we all have our wounds to heal, and we’re all walking wounded one way or another so His Light gets in and changes us, including the way we think.

btw look up dr berg and check out intermittent fasting and healthy Keto lifestyle, which I’ve been doing for almost 2 years which has reversed my type 2 diabetes 
    Im not here for games, just sharing my work to help others and to share my life’s story if they choose to buy it and read it.
    So were you telling your true story? Or were you just making one up to test me?
    Jesus Christ is the best version of anyone, His Glory nobody can take credit for
    and its He that I write to please.

pushing your members until they bend or break. Do you think this is how Jesus would have done it?
    Both, Jesus does it in a kind and compassionate way, the way of showing Love
    and not your way
    “But when the Pharisees heard that he had silenced the Sadducees, they gathered together. And one of them, a lawyer, asked him a question to test him. "Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?" And he said to him, "You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And a second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets."”
    ‭‭Matthew‬ ‭22:34-40‬ ‭ESV‬‬
  • cleo574cleo574 Posts: 15Member
    edited March 10
    What you wrote in the poem kind of reminded me of a song "White Oak On the Hill".  It you haven't heard it then google it and I think it answers some of the same things.  I liked it!!!!
    Must be logged on
    Note
    Thanks