frame

Remember

stmannstmann Posts: 57Member
in Bible Studies & Sermons Must be logged on
Note
REMEMBER
Jesus answered and said to them –
‘Go and tell…the things which you hear and see…
the poor have the gospel preached to them…
blessed is he who is not offended because of Me’.
[Matthew 11:4-6]
Say to God, ‘how awesome are Your works!’ [Psalms 66:3]
The testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple [Psalm 19:7]
I will remember the works of the LORD; surely I will remember Your wonders of old.
I will also meditate on all Your works, and talk of Your deeds. [Psalms 77:11-12]
Make me understand the way of Your precepts; so shall I meditate on Your wondrous works. [Psalms 119:27]
I remember the days of old; I meditate on all Your works; I muse on the work of Your hands. Psalms 143:5
Great is the LORD, and greatly to be praised; And His greatness is unsearchable. One generation shall praise Your works to another, and shall declare Your mighty acts. I will meditate on the glorious splendor of Your majesty, and on Your wondrous works. Men shall speak of the might of Your awesome acts, and I will declare Your greatness. They shall utter the memory of Your great goodness, and shall sing of Your righteousness. The LORD is gracious and full of compassion, slow to anger and great in mercy [Psalms 145:3-]
The living, the living man, he shall praise You…the father shall make known Your truth to the children. [Isaiah 38:19]
Come and see the works of God; He is awesome in His doing toward the sons of men. [Psalm 66:5]
I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart; I will tell of all Your marvelous works….
You have made me glad through [eyewitness to] your work… [Psalms 9:1]
Oh, give thanks to the LORD! Call upon His name;
make known His deeds among the people!
…Sing to Him, sing psalms unto Him:
talk of all His wondrous works!
[Psalms 105:1]
Praise the LORD!
The works of the LORD are great…
His work is honorable and glorious…
He has made His wonderful works to be remembered;
the LORD is gracious and full of compassion. [Psalm 111:1-4]
O LORD, how great are Your works! [Psalm 92:5]
But I want to remind you, though you once knew this, that the Lord, having saved the people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. [Jude 5]
Hearken unto this, O Job: stand still, and consider the wondrous works of God. [Job 37:14]
Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it. [Proverbs 22:8]
Be cautious and guard your soul diligently all the days of your life, so that you will remember in your heart
the things you have seen; share your eyewitness lessons to your children and grandchildren. [Deuteronomy 4:9]
+
Remember the former things of old,
for I am God, and there is no other like Me –
declaring the end from the beginning…
[Isaiah 46:9-10]
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just,
whatsoever things are pure [NO ulterior motives!], whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report;
if there be any virtue, and if there is anything praiseworthy, meditate on [REMEMBER and ponder!], these things [only!]
[Philippians 4:8]

And REMEMBER them!
So - why might our ‘remembering’ the works of God Jehovah be such an important and repeated instruction?
• Remembering the awesomeness of God is GREAT for our faith (if He did it once, He can do it again) -
So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17
• Remembering helps us humans to know and to love, and to fear our loving heavenly Father –
O LORD, You are my God. I will exalt You, I will praise Your name, for You have done wonderful things; Your counsels of old are faithfulness and truth. Isaiah 25:1
• Remembering the awesomeness of God is a great tonic for anxiety, the root of depression -
Anxiety in the heart of man causes depression, but a good word makes it glad. Proverbs 12:25
• Remembering and sharing the awesomeness of God is the essence of our own testimony!
• Remembering the awesomeness of God might make our enemies think twice!
Now before they lay down, she [Rahab] came up to them on the roof, and said to the men: “I know that the LORD has given you the land, that the terror of you has fallen on us, and that all the inhabitants of the land are fainthearted because of you. For we have heard how the LORD dried up the water of the Red Sea for you when you came out of Egypt, and what you did to the two kings of the Amorites who were on the other side of the Jordan, Sihon and Og, whom you utterly destroyed. And as soon as we heard these things, our hearts melted; neither did there remain any more courage in anyone because of you, for the LORD your God, He is God in heaven above and on earth beneath. Now therefore, I beg you, swear to me by the LORD, since I have shown you kindness, that you also will show kindness to my father’s house, and give me a true token, and spare my father, my mother, my brothers, my sisters, and all that they have, and deliver our lives from death.” Joshua 2:8-13 [a female ‘non-believer’ witnessing to TWO Hebrews!]
• Remembering what God has allowed us to be eye witness to give us wisdom -
The ear that hears the rebukes of life will abide among the wise. Proverbs 15:31
Listen to counsel and receive instruction that you might be wise in your latter years. Proverbs 15:31
A good man obtains favor from the LORD… Proverbs 12:2

docx
docx
Remember His Works.docx
2M
LoraConnor

Comments

• stmannstmann Posts: 57Member
    Must be logged on
    Note
    if you are not real good at remembering, maybe you better get real good at writing down the stuff your loving heavenly Father has SHOWN you? grace and peace...