frame

Comments

• nancyleelanenancyleelane Southern OregonPosts: 7Member
    Must be logged on
    Note
    Hi, Lora. I'd like to point out two publishing resources which have helped me greatly. First, if you go to the Jane Friedman blog you will find her 2019-2020 Key Publishing Paths chart. It is not copyrighted. Jane allows anyone to download it free. It provides so much information about the six major ways to publish. I chose the small press route. Here's the link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fyn-lJgUlIsnrxoxVKbEwEg-Ywtnq6_q/view

Second, I highly recommend Duotrope, which is a searchable market database. Back in the old days, writers would go to the bookstore yearly to buy a thick book which listed publications seeking submissions. Now through Duotrope, you have a wealth of information online: book length publishers, online publishers, and agents. I have subscribed to Duotrope for years. It costs $50 per year or $5 per month if you choose to go monthly. They also offer a free two week trial. All the markets which have published my essays and short stories I have found through Duotrope. In addition, I found the publisher for my short story collection through Duotrope.