frame

The ROAD TO RIGHT THINKING - OVERVIEW

stmannstmann Posts: 58Member
in Bible Studies & Sermons Must be logged on
Note

The ROAD TO RIGHT THINKING - OVERVIEW

[connecting the dots of instruction given in God’s Word]

Proverbs 23:7 As a man thinks within his heart, so he is!

[‘we re-design the brain with every new signal that comes in!’]

Therefore –

Proverbs 4:23 Guard your heart with all of your diligence [continuous focus, thoroughness, conscientiousness], for out of it flows the essences of life.

The Gospel is the GOOD NEWS that there IS a better way to traverse the bumps and bruises of life other than what seems right – to lie, cheat, steal, denigrate, get even…and this better way begins at the Cross of Calvary! And this good news relating to a Godly approach to life is given my written instruction in God’s Word.

Proverbs 14:12 (and 16:25) There is a way that seems right to a man, but its end is the way of death.

Winning the ongoing battle against the ubiquitous evil, dark entities to live a consistently Godly life is all about constantly guarding our hearts, [like the ongoing weeding of a gardener, or a fisherman using a net, or a filter to remove harmful substances from a system involving a moving fluid] and embracing only thoughts pleasing to God!

Two alternate paths of life –

Galatians 5:19-23 (a) Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God…

(b) …but the fruit of the Spirit [abiding in His Spirit, His THOUGHTS] is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control…

John 10:10 The thief comes only to steal [your love, joy, peace, patience…], and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

Jeremiah 29:11 For I [God!] know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.

‘Thoughts’ proffered to our heart have a source, and generally there are only two – God’s holy angels or His Spirit, or…the dark, evil entities (demons!) -

Jeremiah 33:3 ‘Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.’

Isaiah 32:27 Whether you look to the left or to the right, there will be a soft Voice behind you…whispering – THIS is the way…walk in it!

Psalm 16:7 I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel…

Proverbs 3:32 …His secret counsel is with the upright

Psalm 16:7 I will bless the Lord who has given me counsel…in the night seasons

Psalm 78:14 In the daytime also God led them with the cloud, and all the night with a light of fire.

Psalm 105:39 God spread a cloud for a covering, and fire to give light in the night.

Our mindset and priorities need to be  -

Matthew 6:33  But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you

Romans 12:2 …do not be conformed to this world [don’t be like everyone else!], but be transformed [CHANGED!] by the renewing of your mind [think NEW thoughts in a NEW way!], that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.

Proverbs 6:23 For the commandment [instructions] is a lamp, and the law a light…

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart…and renew a steadfast spirit within me.

Summary -

Philippians 4:8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things. [best to have a WRITTEN list ahead of time; your next attack is NEAR!]

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on You, because he trusts in You.