frame

When to Stay Home

stmannstmann Posts: 57Member
in Share Your Testimony Must be logged on
Note

When to Stay Home

A while back, my journey took me to northern Michigan, where I called ‘home’ for 15 months or so. Loving God by showing love to my new neighbors. Meeting new friends, encouraging others, learning to trust God Jehovah even more.

By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.      John 13:35

Then my journey took me to my present location. Again meeting new friends, encouraging others, learning new lessons...

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’    Galatians 5:14

Friday a week or two ago week ago I called my best Michigan friend pretty much just to say hello. Lurli is a devout, God-fearing widow a few years older than I. She took me into her own home for a couple months, nursing me back to health after an attack resulting in lingering concussion symptoms.

Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels.    Hebrews 13:2

We talked spontaneously about all sorts of things. The ‘state of the union’. How to make a perfect omelet. Church activities. Mutual friends. Mission trips. Our journeys of faith and what the Lord Jesus had been showing us.

there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.   Proverbs 20:24    

With the weather in much of the USA being very severe this winter, I mentioned that the weather forecast for her locations sounded even more ominous for the upcoming few days. Snow. Freezing rain. Dangerously cold temperatures. Strong winds. Just the usual run of the mill Edmund Fitzgerald stuff.

And a man of understanding will attain wise counsel Proverbs 1:5

As we finished our hour-long conversation, we talked about the Shabbat Christian fellowship she had attended for several years each Saturday. Several hours of worship and song and food and fellowship with a couple dozen or so friends.

The fellowship is held 45 minutes away (in good weather) by a heavily travelled highway of fast-moving vehicles. The highway hugs the Lake Michigan shoreline the entire way. Very scenic on a nice day!

…the whole earth is full of His glory!  Isaiah 6:3

Lurli admitted her concerns with the ominous sounding weather. Nonetheless, she planned to attend as usual the following day.

And let us consider one another in order to stir up love and good works, not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together…     Hebrews 10:25

But she promised to keep on the lookout for any new signs, particularly those from her loving heavenly Father.

In all your ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct your paths.    Proverbs 3:6

… the instructions of the Lord are a lamp…a  light…    Proverbs 6:23

For the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and He watches all his paths.     Proverbs  5:21

…casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for YOU I Peter 5:7

Still concerned Monday, I called again to see if she was safe.

Lurli said ‘Well, I was out the door…I stepped out of the kitchen into the garage to warm up the car. But the garage door wouldn’t move. It was frozen solid to the ground…’

I will instruct you and teach you in the way you should go…  Psalms 32:8

I will make my words known to you. Turn at my warning…  Proverbs 1:23

Lurli had stayed home. In Safety.

You are my hiding place [my sanctuary…my home];

You shall preserve me from trouble…Psalms 32:7

I will praise You, O LORD, with my whole heart;

I will tell of all Your marvelous works….    Psalms 9:1

Those who leave everything in GOD’s hand

will eventually see

GOD’s Hand in EVERYTHING!

(this is a true story)